Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

May the Odds...

...be ever in your favor!
 all pictures via Instagram  amandamleahy

    I think it is safe to say that I am just a tiny bit, okay very obsessed with The Hunger Games. I did read all of the books before I saw the movie this past Saturday (I was bummed I couldn't go to the midnight showing) and I think they did quite a good job with the movie. You have to consider the switch in the narrative styles, and be willing to look at the books and movies as different things- because they are. Read the books though, they're excellent. I love them.

I thought the actors were great. Jennifer Lawrence is perhaps one of the most entertaining people in Hollywood and I loved her portrayal of Katniss. Spot on in my opinion. I also may be a little obsessed with Josh Hutcherson. It's just that I think we would be perfect together...I'd make him look so tall! Haha.

I have to discuss the last picture, because I was pretty excited about it. Yesterday, as I was thrifting in one of my favorite thrift stores- I came across this dress. I immediately had to get it because it is so Katniss inspired and it was like three bucks. Now I can feel like a badass whenever I wear it. I do know how to shoot an arrow- I did archery for about three years.

{image from People}

11 comments:

QT said...

Very cute!

Abbynoel24 said...

I haven't seen the movie yet :,( (but I'm seeing it this weekend! YAY!)

Which one was your favorite book? I liked the second one a lot, but not so much the last one :/

Rachella - flourishingfit.com said...

love the hairstyle in the first pic x

Clara Turbay said...

this blog is a good example of style and taste.
@paquetevistasbi

Unknown said...

haha I just did a post last Friday about all things Hunger Games that I love! The books were amazing. I just bought the mockingjay pin last week lol! I'm totally going to wear it.
I love how you pulled off the side braid perfectly! My dumb layers won't let me do that grrrr haha

:)
xx

http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

zzanyy said...

3 bucks? That's a steal! Nice dress. =)

Sandra said...

Awesome find. I still haven't seen the movie, even though I loved the books. I'm planning on seeing it this weekend!!!

Divine Kid said...

Was für ein schöner Blog! <3 Weiter so!

Natalie said...

i love it!!! (: the hunger games we're much better then i expected

www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

his little lady said...

okay, you are officially the coolest. i absolutely loved the hunger games. can't wait for it to come out on DVD so i can just watch it every day.
and the outfit and hair are perfect to a tee!
xo TJ

Joy said...

Oh my word! That's so awesome! The books were so great, and it's so cool that you did archery. I would love to learn archery!