Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Grotto and a Quick Hairstyle

The day after the Mumford & Sons concert I went to go sing at the Grotto in Portland. After three hours of sleep and going to a rehearsal at 6:45 in the morning I was not feeling my best. In order to trick my brain I decided to do something quick with my hair. I got so many compliments on it, I figured why not share it with you. 

1. Grab the hair in the front (bangs) and start french braiding.
2. Continue the french braid along the side of your head until you almost reach the back.
3. At this point, stop french braiding, and just "regular" braid the remaining hair, letting the braid fall down, joining the rest of your hair.

Simple simple!


Every year around Christmas time my choir, RebelSingers, makes a trip to the Grotto in Portland to perform. The Grotto is a National Sanctuary built around a rock cave at the base of a cliff.You can read more about the Grotto at The Grotto Website. During the Holidays, they do a fantastic festival of lights, a petting zoo, choir performances, it's simply amazing.

We sing in the chapel, which has amazing acoustics and really is one of the coolest rooms to perform in. During one of our quieter songs, I heard someone sneeze, and thought nothing of it. The next day I learn that a kid threw up. I have never experienced that before, and I hope I never do again. I'm just glad I wasn't one of the unlucky victims that was hit. It makes me shudder still.

All in all it was a really fun night. I almost fell asleep a couple times on stage- but it was well worth it. It's sad to think that was my last year performing there...

2 comments:

Sandra said...

This post reminds me of when I was in the choir at my high-school and we did a yearly Christmas performance. I sure do miss those times. Great post, hope you got some sleep after.

Alynne Leigh said...

Your hair is so cute!
That's usually the style I opt for at the beach, to keep my bangs out and away without looking like a bum.